The department of Mechanical Engineering offers a three years Diploma course with a sanctioned intake of 120 students per year under State Board of Technical Education Haryana, based on Semester System with the aim to impart Educational transfer the technology and to train the students & develop overall aptitude towards society and industry.
To develop quality Technician Manpower of Mechanical Engineering for a lifetime achievement through continued learning and to develop them as leaders in their chosen field of Industry, Academics or Public service.
- To infuse a logical understanding of fundamentals and important current issues in the field of Mechanical engineering to instill attitude, values and vision in students that will prepare them for active professionalism in industry and academia by acquiring proper skills and qualities.
- To make the “capable , innovative and entrepreneurial mechanical engineers”, To fulfil the demand of the stake holders in accordance with the global technological developments in this field, leading them to become an asset for the nation.
- To collaborate with the industry and academia to encourage diploma holders to acquire higher education through LEET or 100% placement in industry.
- Development of Basic knowledge and skill in Computer Application through mechanized way.
- Development of basic concepts, Principles, in designing and drawing the machinery equipment/parts.
- Development of basic knowledge regarding material and metallurgy to the components.
- Development of basic knowledge and skills in preparing jobs, models as well as Projects on Machine.
- Development of knowledge and skill to arrange and control the Industrial operations such as Marketing, Production, Planning & Control and also lead up to the sale section.
- Development of skills in making the various low budget working models and test under stresses / loads.
To achieve the course objectives, the Department has facilities with Spacious Lecture rooms, Drawing Halls, well equipped Laboratories for each section, Computer lab etc. A huge workshop equipped with conventional machines, like lathe, milling, shaping, boring, sloting, drilling, broaching, hobbing, etc. in addition to above one the latest machine like CNC lathe, CNC Milling machine and FMS (Flexible Manufacturing system) For drawing and design well equipped drawing halls with drawing tables and drafters are also available. The department have well qualified & fully trained staff.