The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, selected Government Polytechnic, Ambala, as Community Polytechnic. The following areas of activities are taken under this scheme:
- Socio Economic Survey & Planning: Identify the felt needs and job potential in the rural areas.
- Man Power Development & Training: Programs for the local people in basic skill.
- Transfer of Technologies: To improve quality of life in the rural areas.
- Support Services: To meet priority needs like drinking water, low cost housing etc.
- Technical Services: Through service camps.
- Dissemination of Information: For creating awareness on various developmental schemes and ways for improving quality of life in villages.